February 16, 2011

W1WH log brought to you by HRD Log.net


As I mentioned a few days ago, I've been playing around with the latest iteration of Ham Radio Deluxe, and I must say again, it is a tour de force piece of software.  In addition to the fantastic computer control of my Icom 746 Pro, I've been using DM-780, HRD's digital interface, to work a variety of digital modes plus analog slow scan television (SSTV).  What really impresses me though are the improvements made to the HRD logbook in the current beta version of HRD - to the point where HRD Logbook has become my main operating log.  The tools (QSL records, etc.) available on this thing are amazing!  

In addition to HRD Logbook, I've discovered HRD Log.net, a companion site offered by Claudio, IW1QLH which uses data linked from HRD Logbook.

Nice job, Claudio.  Oh yeah, did I mention that HRD Log.net (like Ham Radio Deluxe) is free?   Claudio does accept justly deserved donations through his site though, and yes - I did make a contribution!

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page on this blog, you should see some of my recent QSOs logged directly from my HRD Logbook through HRD Log.net.