June 8, 2007

A big weekend for the big guy and the little guy

It's finally Friday night (well, Friday afternoon, anyway) and I'm on the cusp of a momentous weekend. First, I have the honor of taking my Fourth Degree tomorrow in the Knights of Columbus, which will be marked by an all day formal affair. (Yes, I'll be in a tux - and nobody's getting married!) The Fourth Degree is the highest degree attainable within the Knights and is characterized by the theme of Patriotism - devotion to one's country tempered with the love of God and Church. This is especially meaningful to me as my Dad was a Knight, and he lived both principles. This one's for you, Dad.

The day after my Fourth Degree Exemplification is even more meaningful for me. My grandson, Carter (who is truly his Bumpa's bud!) will be baptized and received into the Catholic Church. May God bless you Carter, and watch over you always.

No comments: