June 7, 2007

Keep on truckin', Dad

My dad, Bernie, drove a gasoline tanker for J.P. Noonan Transportation of West Bridgewater, MA , as a second job for many years. (I never quite understood how he did it after working a stressful job in law enforcement and vehicular homicide investigations...I mean, who would enforce motor vehicle laws and investigate fatal accidents as their main job and then haul 10,000 gallons of gasoline as a night side job? Then again, we're talking about a pretty unique guy.) J. P. Noonan tankers are ubiquitous in New England, and not a day goes by when I don't wave to a Noonan tanker passing me on the road. I've been making it a point to wave to Noonan trucks since my dad passed away in 2003...so if you're a tanker driver and happen to see a wistful-looking guy in a yellow Jeep waving, well...it's just me.

No comments: