June 9, 2010

Back in the saddle

"A man's got to know his limitations." - Dirty Harry Callahan 

Just returned to the gym this morning after being away from it for almost two weeks due to a bad cold (actually a little worse than that - I lost my voice for over a week but didn't hear any complaints). Remembering Dirty Harry's dictum, I was somewhat surprised it wasn't as bad as I thought, but the treadmill time was interminable and my usual strength machines were, well, unusually challenging. (No repeat sets this morning!) I should be fully back into it by Wednesday though so the worse part was just breaking the ice and going back in. Based on my current schedule, I expect I'm poised to stumble across my six pack in about, oh, 2020 or so.  (No, the guy on the right isn't me.)

No comments: